Follow Me on PinterestFollow on Bloglovin

Saturday 23 August 2014

Make-up review: Estee Lauder Double Wear BB Cream

Whilst browsing cheaper foundations in Boots recently, I was approached by a Estee Lauder employee and asked if I wanted a free sample of Estee Lauder foundation. (Are they allowed to poach customers from lower-end brands like this?!). I (of course) agreed and a few minutes later found myself with a sample bottle of Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Moisture Makeup in shade 2.0, which has a SPF of 30.

I took this away with me to try out whilst on holiday (the tiny 10-day bottle was a very convenient addition to my liquids bag for my hand luggage!)  I was expecting great things from an expensive high-end BB cream (£20.50 in Boots) and a dewy glow with moisture as the name would suggest.

I was thoroughly disappointed with this product. I have dry and sensitive skin.  It felt cakey as soon as I started to apply it to my skin; it seemed to dry very quickly. The coverage felt thick and looked very matte, not at all what I wanted. You could add a moisturiser to it I suppose, but doesn' t that defy the point of using a BB cream to save you using multiple products?  I don't know whether it was due to the high SPF but this product seemed to clog my pores.

I can only think this product might fare better on oily skins.  I prefer a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish as my skin is so dry. There didn't seem to be any moisturising effect in this product and I think Estee Lauder test on animals which definitely puts me off using their products anyway.

Let me know if you've tried this product and how you got on.
Peebreeks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment