Makes 12 rounds
50g/2oz golden caster sugar
375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
411g jar traditional mincemeat
1 tbsp milk
25g/1oz flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees/fan oven 180 degrees/ Gas 6
2. Scatter the sugar over the worktop, unroll the pastry and put it on top of the sugar.
3. Roll out the pastry so it's a quarter bigger but still rectangular.
4. Spoon and spread the mincemeat evenly over the pastry leaving a 2cm border along the longest edges.
5. Fold over one of the longest edges over the mincemeat and then roll the pastry tightly into a sausage shape.
6. When you get to the other edge, brush the edges with milk and press down to seal in the mincemeat.
7. Press both ends in gently to plump up and chill the roll for at least 30 mins.
8. Cut the roll into 12 rounds, about 3cm thick.
9. Lay them evenly spaced on a baking tray and flatten them with your hands so they look like squashed Chelsea buns.
10. Scatter the flaked almonds on top and bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown.
11 .Leave them to cool for 5 minutes and keep them separate so they don't stick together!
Hope you like them!